FunRent is a family owned and operated business with an extraordinary commitment to our clients, the communities we serve, and the environment. We pride ourselves on doing it the best - the best equipment, the best service, the best prices! We believe the more you know about us the more you will like us. If you have any questions, just call or email us.
The FunRent Mission. Our mission is to provide our customers with the best equipment and the best service - all at reasonable prices. We are committed to conducting ourselves the right way - professional, courteous, and ready to help. No event is too large or too small. You can always expect the best from FunRent.
Our Management Team. Our President and CEO is Howard McMurrian. If you've ever talked to Howard on the phone you know he grew up in the deep South and uses "Yes Ma'am" and "No Ma'am" a lot. He is also a former CPA and was a partner in two very large CPA firms. In addition, Howard was a senior vice president with The Thomson Corporation. Howard acquired FunRent in 2004.
Our office manager is Melanie Gregory. Prior to joining us at FunRent, Melanie was the general manager of a very large family fun center in Nanaimo, British Columbia. Melanie has been the driving force behind our quest for greater efficiency and is also our ace event reservationist.
Our Commitment to the Community. We are fully committed to the communities we serve. We are the leaders of our industry in trying to impact our communities in a very positive way. In addition to being members of the Better Business Bureau, we have implemented the following policies all intended to make us good citizens:
- We only buy equipment from US companies. Other vendors often times purchase cheaper, imported equipment. Not FunRent - we want to support jobs here.
- We provide gift certificates to the schools, PTAs, and nonprofits that use our services. The gift certificates are very popular auction items.
- We encourage our delivery teams to eat and purchase fuel and snacks in the local communities we serve.
- Our Commitment to the Environment. At FunRent, we are concerned about the environment and our impact on it. We are a green company that cares. Here are some of the things we're doing to lessen our environmental footprint
- We've discontinued printed catalogs. We simply could not justify the impact of all that paper and ink on the environment. We keep our website completely up to date so you can see how much we have to offer.
- We arrange our delivery routes to require as little driving as possible. That reduces our carbon emissions and consumption of petroleum products.
- We use biodiesel or biodiesel blends in our diesel engines.
Where feasible, we use diesel generators rather than gasoline generators for larger events.
- We change the oil and filters in all our engines - trucks and generators - well before the manufacturers recommended intervals. That keeps our engines running at peak efficiency levels.
- All used oil, filters, and fluids (transmission, antifreeze, etc.) are sent to recycling centers even though it costs us more.
- We print only what's necessary for us to conduct our business reducing our consumption of paper.
- Used paper, plastic, and metal products are sent to recycling centers even though we pay extra.
- The vinyl from retired inflatables is recycled as repair materials.
- Our vehicles are washed at centers that recycle or filter the waste water.
- Retired computer equipment is sent to recycling centers.
We carry $1 million in liability insurance. View our Certificate below:
Committed to Safety!
All inflatables inspected annually. View our Labor and Industries acceptance letter below:
We take NO shortcuts.
We train our staff for safe setup and operation of the equipment.
We spend time with you to ensure you understand the safety rules.
Safety rules are posted on equipment.
Annual inspection of equipment.
Fully licensed and permitted.
Members of SIOTO - Safe Inflatable Operators Training Organization.